Welcome

There has been a church on the site for over 1000 years, originally connected to the Augustine Priory, which existed on the site of Elsham Hall until the dissolution of the 

 

monasteries. The church as it now stands is chiefly 13th /14th century but was extensively restored between 1873 and 1874.

 

The bell-tower is equipped with a full set of 6 bells, which are rung on a regular basis.

The organ was built in 1915 and was considered to be an extremely fine example for a small parish church and is still being played for services.

 

It is part of the Lincolnshire Heritage and Church Trail.

A close link with RAF Elsham Wolds Association is maintained. A memorial dedicated to the RAF Bomber Squadrons who flew from Elsham in WW2 was recently erected in church.

 

Services currently take place on the second and fourth Sundays of each month, depending on the availability of clergy. (details on church notice board)

 

The church is open every Wednesday (British Summertime) 10 am to 4pm.  This is to coincide with the opening period of the RAF Elsham Wolds Association Museum. Open 1:30 to 4pm at the museum at the Anglian water treatment plant at the junction with the Brigg - Barton road above Elsham.

 

Keys for access at all reasonable times are available - for more information see church notice board at the entrance from Church St.

 

 

 

 

Comments
(Newest Comments Are Listed First - Sorted Newest to Oldest)
Your Name:
Comment: